The Email to Tickets Gateway provides three features:
- Ability to create new tickets using emails
- Ability to comment on tickets using emails
- Ability to edit tickets using emails
If you would like to control who to allow emails from, you can easily do so by going to your Space’s Tickets tab > Settings > Email to Tickets. By default, only ‘Members’ of the space can send emails.
1. Create new tickets using emails
To create a new ticket, you can send an email to "<space-url-name>@tickets.assembla.com". You can find your Space-specific email at Tickets > Settings > Email to Tickets section.
The subject of your email will become the ticket title, and the content of your email will become the ticket description. If you want to provide specific values to your ticket fields (including custom ticket fields), you can use the following syntax in the email body:
<ticket field name>: <value of field>
The 'Priority' field can accept the following values: 1~5 (1 as the highest priority)
The 'Permission type' field can accept the following values: 0 (No permission) , 1 (Private), 2 (Public)
Send to: email@example.com
Subject: Ticket created via email
Permission type: 1
How cool is it?
A single dot on a line after the 'Description:' indicator will mark an end. This ensures that any subsequent text in the ticket description is not included, such as an email signature. The same applies to the Comment field when editing a ticket.
The example email above will create the following ticket:
2. Add comments to a ticket using emails
You can add a comment to tickets using emails in two ways:
- Reply to a ticket email alert
- Send an email to "<space-url-name>+<ticket-number>@tickets.assembla.com".
Reminder: Don't forget to add a single dot at the end of your email to ensure subsequent texts are not included.
3. Edit existing tickets using emails
You can edit existing tickets using emails in the same two ways mentioned in the 'Add comments to a ticket using emails' section.
- Replying directly to the ticket email alert with ticket fields and corresponding ticket values that you would like to update
- Send an email to "<space-url-name>+<ticket-number>@tickets.assembla.com" with ticket fields and corresponding ticket values that you would like to update.
Send to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Editing ticket via email
The example email above will result in the following ticket where:
- Ticket status changed to "Duplicado"
- Priority changed to Low
- The comment "Editing ticket via email" was made
If you have any questions or need assistance, please email us at email@example.com.